Credits

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Is it True that Philippines is a Beautiful Country?

Every time my husband and I went somewhere, people will asked what country am I belong, and I will say I came from Philippines, every time they heard that they will say Philippines is a paradise Island or Philippines is a beautiful Island, they mentions some places in Philippines just like Subic bay, Borakay, Bohol, Cebu, and some places in Mindanao. Now I am thinking why people say that Philippines is a beautiful Island and while Filipino people wants to go out to another country to live.
Or maybe the truth is Philippines is a beautiful Island but a poor country. I even not recognize that my country is beautiful because only those rich people can afford to go to beautiful places Philippines.

4 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

I can say that Philippines is a great country to live if you belong to a well to do family coz then you can enjoy all the beautiful amenieties there.

wanna xlink?

Dave Starr said...

Your post came up to me because I have a Google Alert set for "Philippines". I am an American living full-time in the Philippines (in Bulacan, not one of the exotic destinations) and I consider it a beautiful country in many ways.

What I don't find beautiful is the way so many Filipinos have no belief in their own home ... they spend their life wishing and hoping to go overseas and be someone's servant ... yet I see huge opportunities and need for talented labor here in the Philippines just going begging because talented Filipinos have convinced themselves it 'can't be done" here at home. "If only" the Filipino would strike the phrase "if only" from their vocabulary there is no end to opportunity here in the Philippines. How to make people believe in themselves and their country, that is the difficult part.

Anonymous said...

Yes Philippine is a beautiful country and I love Philippines.

Emzkie said...

beautiful talaga ang Philippines no.. people are so happy go lucky na parang walang problema ba.. compre mo dto sa US rampant ang depression, sa Pinas wala ka gaanong maririnig kasi happy lahat kahit na mga poor. Anyhow, there are lots of places that you could go to that doesnt involve $$, like Luneta Park.. hehehe.. or Baywalk dba refreshing doon sarap pumunta doon pagkasama ang boypren. Subics, Boracays..etch.. are tourist spots that we are proud of Filipino kaya lang $$$$ doon pag d ka tagadoon. hehehhe.. pero if you are a local there syempre its not that bad. wink*